Tips for Technology and Monitoring its Use
There are three things to consider for your family’s cyber safety: the technology you use, your household rules, and how you will be monitoring student usage.
- Have you set up age appropriate controls on your child’s device?
- Do you have appropriate web content filtering for your home?
- Does your child’s device allow you to set limits for application use?
Tips for Technology Use
- Have you discussed/set screen time limits?
- Screen Time awareness
- Do you differentiate between school time and personal time?
- Do you differentiate between creative activities and playing or watching content?
- What does your family feel comfortable sharing online?
- Where do devices go when device time is over?
- What happens when a child breaks the rules?
- How often do you check your child’s browser history?
- Where can Internet connected devices be used in the house?