The Student Leadership Team is a program designed to promote service learning for grade third through sixth grade students. The Student Leadership Team is a group of students interested in helping out around the school and modeling positive behaviors for younger students.
What do student leaders do?
- Learn ways to be a good leader (called leadership skills)
- Help administration with morning announcements
- Help other students by being a bus “buddy”, a tutor, a peer helper, or a special recess friend
- Help organize special events such as Movie Night or the Clean-Up Day
- Observes random acts of kindness by another students
What is the time commitment?
If you sign up to be a member of the Student Leadership Team you agree to:
- Attend weekly meetings from 8:15-8:45.
- Be a student leader for the school year.
- You might be doing some of your jobs before 8:30, during lunch, recess, or after school.
How does a student sign-up?
If you are interested in being a student leader you must:
- Complete the attached application.
- Turn the application and reference in to Ms. McMillan
Once you have applied, Ms. McMillan or Ms. Tessier will let you know if you will be on the leadership team. They will also give you a permission slip to attend weekly meetings before school. You must be in good academic standing and be a positive role model to be a student leader.